Every food that we eat gives us energy however, not all foods are created equal. Every type has a different effect on our bodies and the amount of energy that we receive. Some foods are high in vitamins, others are loaded with proteins and still others are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins, which are among some of the most energy boosting foods we could possibly eat.
If you find yourself running out of energy during your day and don’t want to go down the caffeine road for an extra “oomph,” here are a few foods that you can eat to boost your pep, improve your immune system, and basically give yourself more drive to complete everything that you have to do in your busy day.
Great foods that deliver an extra blast of vitality:
- Dark chocolate – the darker the chocolate, the more energy boosting nutrients that you will find. Dark chocolate also contains caffeine for that quick jolt you might be looking for. Extra benefit: it’s chocolate! Who doesn’t love a piece of chocolate every now and again?
- Citrus fruit – this delicious, refreshing, and easily transported snack is full of vitamin C and nutrients that can sometimes rejuvenate you with just the smell. They can also help fight stress, which makes them one of nature’s most perfect snacks.
- Water – if you’re dehydrated, then your body is working extra hard, which can sap your energy away. Many times we mistake thirstiness with hunger or sleepiness, so if you find yourself starting to run out of energy, have a glass of water.
- Salmon – this omega-3 fatty acid rich food is an excellent source of protein and contains nutrients that can help your cardiovascular system, in addition to giving you a good long-term energy boost. Salmon is one of the most healthy and versatile foods available. If you’re not eating it regularly, look up some recipes online. There are hundreds of ways to prepare this amazing food.
- Walnuts – walnuts are a great source of protein and a quick handful can help to curb hunger and give you an extra boost of energy in the late afternoon. They also go great with dark chocolate for a combo vitality blast!
No matter how busy your day is, you can find time to fit in a healthy snack. For more advice on delicious, healthy foods that can give you the boost of energy you need to finish out your day, contact your Chiropractic team. Because they’re uniquely interested in treating all of their patients from a holistic approach, they’ll have some great answers on how the food you eat can affect your body and your life.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.