Many seniors are unaware of the benefits that come along with chiropractic care. They may feel as if they’re too old or that they will be hurt by a chiropractic adjustment. However, this is not at all the case. The truth is, people of all ages can benefit from routine chiropractic care and senior citizens more than most. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should be visiting your doctor of chiropractic regularly.
- It can help increase your coordination. Many people discover that their balance is off as they get older, which is often because of degenerative changes to the spine. Chiropractic care can help seniors improve both coordination and balance.
- It can help manage those aches and pains that frequently accompany aging. Contrary to popular belief, getting older doesn’t have to mean learning to live with pain. Your chiropractic team can help alleviate pain in the joints, muscles and tissues of your body.
- Chiropractic care can help the body work more efficiently. Because the nerves are housed in the spine, a few specialized adjustments are all it takes for many health problems to be resolved. It’s not uncommon for very old injuries to be relieved after just a few visits with a chiropractor.
- It may be able to relieve arthritis symptoms. Chiropractors are able to perform adjustments and work with their patients on lifestyle changes that can slow down the progression of arthritis, while alleviating some of the pain.
- It can reduce the clutter in your medicine cabinet. Chiropractic care treats the cause of pain at its source, instead of masking the symptoms with pain medication. This means fewer prescriptions to fill and more room in your medicine cabinet.
- Increased range of motion. If you wake up in the morning feeling stiff, it may be a sign that it’s time to visit your chiropractor’s office. Chiropractic care is a great way to increase range of motion throughout the entire body.
- Better and more productive sleep. Less pain and fewer medications means a better quality of sleep. If you’re not getting at least seven hours of rest each night then you need to contact your chiropractic team to find out how to get more sleep.
- An improved feeling of wellness. Chiropractic care isn’t just about your spine—it’s a whole body experience. Your chiropractic team can work with you on a plan for exercise, proper diet and even stress relief. Complete vitality and wellness is your chiropractic team’s goal.
Chiropractic care is safe, natural and affordable. If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of this health care treatment for people of all ages, contact your local chiropractic team. They’ll be able to work with you on a treatment plan that’s specifically designed to meet your unique needs.
Always consult your chiropractor or primary care physician for all your health related advice.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.