The best things in life really are free and on September 28th, you’ll get a taste of just how true that statement is when Fort Worth’s finest cultural organizations offer free admission to 10 different museums.
Get ready for a day filled with everything from cattle raising to botanical gardens, thanks to the generous sponsorship of some great local and national companies. The fun begins at 10:00 a.m. and lasts until 5:00 p.m.; you and your family can enjoy free admission to a variety of art and cultural exhibitions, live performances via some of the area’s best arts groups and all kinds of family-friendly activities.
10 different museums are participating in the Day in the District, including:
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame- Located at 1720 Gendy Street.
- Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth- Located at 3200 Darnell Street.
- Log Cabin Village- Located at 2100 Log Cabin Village Lane.
- Kimbell Art Museum- Located at 3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard.
- Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History- Located at 1600 Gendy Street.
- Ft. Worth Community Arts Center- Located at 1300 Gendy Street.
- Ft. Worth Botanic Garden Located at 3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard (the Japanese Gardens will also be open, but does require a fee).
- The Cattle Raisers’ Museum- Located at 1600 Gendy Street.
- Botanical Research Institute of Texas- Located at 1700 University Drive.
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art- Located at 3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard.
Admission is free to all of the museums, and free performances by various Fort Worth cultural organizations will occur in and around each of the museums for a culturally-immersive experience. Free transportation throughout the Cultural District will be provided for all attendees via the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The “T”). Free transportation and entertainment means that this is one event that you can’t afford to pass up; so mark your calendar for Saturday, September 28th, slip on some comfortable shoes, grab the kids and come explore your Texas heritage.
While you’re at it, be sure to thank one of the sponsors of this great event for making the Day in the District come to life. Thanks to them, we can all get a little sunshine, exercise and culture without breaking the bank.
Photo credit: Used under Creative Commons Licensing
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.