If you’re like most people, you think of chiropractors as the doctors you go to when you need your back treated. While it’s true that most chiropractic adjustments are performed on the neck and back, your chiropractor is able to treat your body for a surprising number of ailments.
Reasons to Visit Your Chiropractic Team
Your doctor may be able to treat any of the following conditions:
- Back pain- This is the number one reason why most people who have never seen a chiropractor before finally schedule a visit.
- Fibromyalgia- Sufferers of this disease can find relief from their symptoms through regular chiropractic adjustments.
- Allergies- Chiropractic care enables the immune system to work more effectively, which is particularly important for allergy sufferers.
- Headaches- Cluster, migraine and tension headaches respond particularly well to chiropractic care.
- Joint pain- Because chiropractic adjustments focus on the joints and expelling the gases that surround them, many sufferers of joint pain find treatment to be particularly effective.
- Neck pain- The second most common reason for visiting a chiropractor, neck pains are routinely treated in a chiropractor’s office.
- Muscle stiffness- A subluxation can often put excess pressure on the muscles. Restoring the body to proper alignment can reduce stiffness and tension.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome- Joint manipulation, along with immobilization is an effective and conservative treatment for CTS sufferers.
- Tennis elbow- Like carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow can frequently be treated by joint manipulation.
- Hip pain- Subluxation of the spine can often lead to pain in the hips. Bringing it back into alignment can often improve or eliminate hip pain.
- Sciatica- This syndrome is caused by nerve compression. Chiropractic care, along with lifestyle changes can improve sciatic pain.
- TMJ- There are a few different reasons why patients develop TMJ- stress or injury being the most common. Chiropractic care can help alleviate pain by correcting the misalignment.
- Shoulder pain- Your shoulder is the most mobile joint in your body. Unfortunately, that means it’s prone to pain and injury.
- Stress- Chronic stress leads to nerve irritation. Chiropractic adjustments release muscle tension and returns the body to a relaxed, balanced state.
As research into chiropractic care continues, we’re becoming more aware of how many diseases and injuries are related to stress and subluxations. Your chiropractic team is aware of how important your spine is to your overall health and would love to have the chance to talk to you about what you can do to improve your overall wellness.
Photo credit: Chiropractic care and Hermosa Beach by planetc1. Used under a Creative Commons license.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.