If you’re reading this article, chances are good that you’re at least a tiny bit interested in alternative medicines and ways that you can improve your health naturally. Regularly visiting your chiropractic team is a great way to broaden your horizons. Learning how to keep your body healthy before it has a chance to get sick is one of the smartest things you can do for your health.
The wonders of apple cider vinegar
For many years, apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been used as a natural remedy for both the body and the home. If you don’t normally keep a bottle in your pantry, I urge you to pick up a bottle today. There are literally hundreds of uses for ACV, many more than we have time to discuss today. I’ll share a few of my favorites, along with the warnings that you should always discuss with the safety of any new health regimen with your chiropractor or personal care physician before beginning.
- Because ACV is so acidic, it’s a good way to regulate the pH balance of your skin. Simply dilute one part apple cider vinegar to two parts water, and wipe on your face with a cotton ball to replace your expensive toner. It not only regulates your pH balance, it can also help fade acne scars.
- If you don’t mind smelling like a salad, apple cider vinegar is the best rinse for your hair. You don’t need much; about ½ tablespoon per each cup of water. Pour the solution directly onto your hair while showering and comb it through for amazing body and shine.
- While I’ve never tried it personally, I’ve heard that ACV is a cheap and effective way of getting rid of warts. Just pour some onto a cotton ball and apply to the area, before covering with a bandage. Make sure to keep it away from your face. You don’t want to get vinegar in your eyes!
- A cup of ACV in a cool bathtub can help soak away sunburn.
- Several studies have shown that consuming apple cider vinegar in small doses, may lead to weight loss.
- As if that’s not enough, you can even clean with apple cider vinegar. Just mix one part ACV with two parts water and enjoy an inexpensive, pleasant-smelling cleaning solution.
It’s always surprising to me to find out that there are people who believe that natural cures are to be viewed with suspicion. At what point did our society get to where we look at pills and surgeries as perfectly normal and healthy, yet natural cures are somehow dangerous? I think there’s plenty of room for both. After all, a smart carpenter has many different tools in his toolbox that are all effective for fixing different problems. Chiropractic care and natural ingredients are wonderful ways to care for your body, safely and effectively.
Video credit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1fH_MMM74
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.